Most web sites today are ran by a content management system (CMS). A CMS separates content from design and makes it easy to post content to the site without the knowledge of HTML. A CMS can be cheap (open source – free) or expensive ($100,000) plus a year, but what feature of a CMS is the most important?
- Reliability – Your web site has to be up to accomplish your goal.
- Ease of use – If it’s not easy for your users to post content forget it.
- Speed – Your web sites must be fast for someone to enjoy it.
- SEO – The mother’s milk of web sites.
- Social – Does it play well with Facebook and Twitter.
- Administrative costs – It may be free, but how many server administrators does it take to run it?